It is that time of year again. Winter and cold weather are here again. Time to dig through the closet to see what you have for the coming season.
If you are looking for some new gear consider the Special Ops Tactical Softshell Jacket by Rothco. There are certainly nicer and more expensive jackets out there, but for the price point this is an excellent option that will last you for years.
This jacket offers a waterproof polyester shell along with a comfortable internal fleece lining. It is manufactured with 3 layers for excellent moisture wicking which keeps the elements out and the warmth in.
- 100% polyester - waterproof
- Inside lining: fleece - lightweight, breathable, and moisture wicking
- Fleece lined stand up collar with concealed hood
- Collar has zipper pouch to hold hood when not in use
- Zippered should pocket on each side
- Zippered forearm pocket on left arm
- Two front slash zippered chest pockets
- Two interior zippered pockets
- Two zippered back pockets with mesh interior
- Vent zipper under each arm
- 4" x 4" loop side of Hook & Loop on each shoulder
- Drawstring waist and hood
- Elastic Hook & Loop adjustable wrist cuffs.
Colors: Black, Coyote, OD Green, Midnight Navy Blue, Woodland Camo
I have one in Black and in OD Green and am very happy with both.
There are only two minor complaints I have with this jacket.
- When the hood is rolled up and put into the collar, the collar becomes overly stiff in my opinion. Too bulky a look as well. Solution? Keep the hood out OR in my case I just unzip the hood and put it in my pack. The photos above show the jacket with the hood out option.
- The vent zippers under each arm rub my arms a bit. Could be just me. Solution? I went down to my neighborhood tailor and had them sew in a comfortable mesh over both zippers. No more rubbing on my arm and the tailor cost was only $10. Problem solved.
Those two minor complaints aside, I really feel this is one of the best value jackets out on the market today. Comfortable, durable, good color options, and the perfect price point.
We sell them here at www.predatorbdu.com Get yours today.